Happy New Year! I wish you and your family all the best, may 2014 be your best year yet!
Welcome to the 21st monthly update to AidanBooth.com!
This is an exciting time of year…a time when I like to plot a new path, set new goals, and also reflect on what happened in 2013. In today’s post I share a lot of “personal stuff”, and also look at some of the things I want to achieve in 2014.
Personal Milestones in 2013
For me personally, 2013 was a massive year…
I got married in April 2013 to Carolina, and December 18th marked 10 years together, two big personal milestones for us.
I was also fortunate to be able to continue travelling, something my wife and I are both very passionate about!
In 2013 we explored the breathtaking Yucatan peninsula in Mexico, had 2 weeks traveling through Vietnam, made our way up the Mekong River boat to lost temples in Cambodia, absorbed the breathtaking jungle scenery Laos, went diving in the Andaman Sea in Thailand, returned to San Francisco for the first time in 8 years, went to New York twice, and visit Steve in North Carolina, explored more of Argentina, and had Christmas with my family in New Zealand.
This is what it’s all about for me…having the freedom and flexibility to travel and enjoy life on OUR terms.
It’s what drives me to be a little better every day, and excites me every morning when I wake up.
FREEDOM and FLEXIBILITY
A Couple of my Personal Goals for 2014
Having the freedom to travel is one of the big reasons internet marketing appealed to me when I started out…it’s still our passion and in 2014 we’ll continue to do it. We’re moving to Paris in April where we’ll live for 6-9 months…maybe longer, it’ll be our “springboard” to exploring more of Europe – I can’t wait!
I’m also going to learn Italian! It’ll be one of my personal goals for 2014 and will probably be a good excuse to return to Italy…
Check out the “Think Bigger” video below if you’re interested to hear about more of my goals.
2013 On The Business Front…
2013 was very much a transitional year for me, some of the highlights include:
- Setting up a solid Kindle income stream (actually my wife did this). Thanks to BRIAN JOHNSON for his help!
- Connecting with more people via my Facebook page. I LOVE being able to instantly share with like-minded individuals, and Facebook makes it so easy! If you haven’t yet “LIKED” my Page, do it now so we can stay connected: http://www.facebook.com/aidanboothonline
- Strengthening my network of eCommerce stores…I’m still chasing down a big goal here…(more on that in the “Think Bigger” video further down the page)
- Merging my company with Tim Godfrey and Steve Clayton. This included a little restructuring, and continues to be an exciting learning curve (needing to be accountable to other people again for the first time in about 8 years!)
- Growing to having 22 full time employees including a team of 15 in Pakistan, and people who are dedicated to building the eCommerce side of our business in the USA (the great thing about internet marketing is that you can expand, or “stay small”, and STILL make a fantastic living online!).
- I also released some of my best work so far, three course I’m really proud of…my “post Panda, post Penguin” SEO program called “Page One Evolution”, I took on a small group of people through my “Your First $500 Online” program, and ended the year with a bang by launching “The Trinity Code” and the exciting “Crowd Force” software (finally being in control of my traffic!).
Business Goals for 2014
eCommerce is one of the “pillars” of our business and one of the areas I’m most passionate about. Without getting into specific numbers, we want to take our eCommerce stores to a new level in 2014, and get into using Amazon as part of our eCommerce strategy in a BIG way.
From an internet marketing training perspective, I’d LOVE to finally release an eCommerce training program showing you how you can build your own eCommerce business. Depending on how things go in the first 6 months of 2014, this is something I’d love to pursue later in the year (I get emails asking about eCommerce ALL the time!).
My wife will continue to grow our Kindle income, we’ve got some exciting ideas about how we can do that, hopefully I’ll be able to share them with you once they’ve had more thorough testing.
If you’re interested to learn more about how we set our goals for our business, let me know through a comment below, and if there’s enough interest I’ll make a blog post specifically about that.
A Comment About SEO & Google…
SEO changed a LOT in 2014, and the path ahead looks pretty clear now…I think it’s time we all realized that while Google is a great source of traffic and something everyone NEEDS to exploit, we shouldn’t rely on it exclusively. I’ve included a video further down the page that explains more (Steve Clayton filmed it a few days ago and it was originally released on our “12 Days of Christmas” blog).
As far as traffic generation is concerned, I HIGHLY recommend you consider tapping into non-Google traffic sources such as YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Forums and Blogs. The traffic IS there, you just need to funnel it back to your site! If you have access to Crowd Force, I STRONGLY recommend you use it as your #1 traffic generation and SEO weapon (it takes care of both for you)!
A Few Tips, Tricks & Hacks To Experiment With In 2014
In the past couple of weeks I’ve created several new videos about little tricks I use to run my business, and also about the way I continuously train myself to think…my mindset…
The videos are all short…about 4-5 minutes each, and I recommend you check them out if you haven’t done so already.
NOTE: These videos are part of our “12 Days of Christmas” giveaway. If you haven’t been getting notified about these videos or if you’re not yet in the draw to win the $10,000 in prizes, you can sign up here: http://blueprintchristmas.com/12days/
Here’s the content:
See the full story here: http://blueprintchristmas.com/2nd-day-of-christmas/ The 90:10 Rule
Find out more here: http://blueprintchristmas.com/6th-day-of-christmas/
The LAPP Productivity System
Read more here: http://blueprintchristmas.com/8th-day-of-christmas/ 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently Than ‘Average’ People PDF Download: Right Click Here & Select “Save As” To Download The PDF The original blog post is here: http://blueprintchristmas.com/4th-day-of-christmas/ The BIGGEST Change To Google Search In 20 Years
See more here: http://blueprintchristmas.com/5th-day-of-christmas/
What have you learned from 2013?
Have you thought about what you want to achieve both personally and in your business in 2014?
Leave a comment to let me know what you think!
Wishing you a MAGNIFICENT year in 2014!