Hi, and WELCOME to the 1st March 2015 blog post on AidanBooth.com!
Today’s blog post is a case study where I show you exactly how to build two professional websites in two different niches for White Label Amazon products.
Before we dive into the White Label websites, here are a few personal and business highlights from the past month…
Back in Buenos Aires…
February was a bit of a ‘transition’ month for me on both a personal and business level.
On a personal level, we shifted from the French Alps back to Buenos Aires (Argentina) at the beginning of February.
After a year on the road, and several months of winter, it was great to return to the Summer sun of Buenos Aires and enjoy red wine and giant steaks with friends and family.
On a business level we hired a HIGHLY talented UK based Project Director who will be managing our China office and also leading a number of new service initiatives we’ve been working on for some time now.
This is a big deal for us.
Although we already have a team of 25 who work for us, this was a key role we’ve been looking to fill for a long time and not quite as simple to fill as other roles we have in our business.
Hiring Western talent is not cheap, but it can make a ginormous difference your business, and we expect this will be HUGE help for in 2015. We’re excited about how this will open more doors for YOUR business.
If you need “feet on the street” in China, soon we’ll be able to help!
The other big thing that happened in February, and this was my personal highlight of the month, was the trip to Las Vegas to kick off The Blueprint Academy class of 2015.
For Steve and I, being able to meet face-to-face with internet entrepreneurs and being able to sit side-by-side to help people build their online businesses is the most rewarding and satisfying part of our entire business.
Nothing beats it.
When I got started online about a decade ago, it never occurred to me that one day I’d be teaching this…the teaching part has turned into a real passion for me and I’m enjoying it more and more.
I’m extremely grateful to YOU for being here and reading this.
I’m grateful to all our email subscribers and customers who make this possible. Without you, this simply would not be a reality in my life.
Two ***NEW*** Demo Websites…
Ever since I released the ‘Dissecting Amazon Products’ post in September 2014, more and more readers have been requesting information about how to build simple, attractive and effective websites for White Label products (products sold on Amazon).
Today I’ve prepared TWO demonstrations for you that show in simple step-by-step instructions how to create “brand websites” for your physical products.
These Are PERFECT For Amazon White Label Websites!
Here’s the finished result of the first demo website:
This website is a hypothetical brand I’ve set up, called ‘Travelotrix’.
Check out the live website at http://www.travelotrix.com
For demonstration purposes, imagine that this is a brand that sells travel related products such as bags, neck pillows, scales etc.
And here’s the second demo:
BackyardSmarts.com is also a ‘pretend’ brand that I’ve set up (just for demonstration purposes). If this were real, it’d sell tools, gadgets and accessories to use in your backyard and garden.
You can see this website at http://www.backyardsmarts.com
Fast. Easy. Responsive.
Both designs can be installed and setup in less than 30 minutes.
Both are extremely user friendly, both are mobile-friendly (responsive), and both can give your brand the professional image that it needs.
Demo #1: Executive Pro
The first demo is built using the ‘Executive Pro’ theme, here’s the start-to-finish setup demo:
To make it easier for you to use this demonstration video, I’ve included timestamp information below:
- 1:45 – Installing the theme
- 3:00 – Deactivating plugins and installing new ones
- 4:24 – Setting up a custom menu
- 5:20 – Inserting a menu into the homepage
- 6:15 – Creating a product page
- 10:00 – Setting up the homepage slider
- 11:45 – Setting up the Featured Pages section
- 13:50 – Setting up the ‘Call to Action’ section
- 14:45 – Setting up the Features and Benefits
- 16:08 – Excluding pages
- 16:31 – Inserting the Features and Benefits section
- 18:20 – Setting up the footer section
- 19:02 – Creating another custom menu to show products
- 20:20 – Removing a menu item
- 21:18 – Testing the responsiveness of the theme
- 21:55 – Where you can get this theme
- 22:10 – How to change the color scheme
- 22:40 – Other ways to use this theme
- 23:07 – Setting up the post sidebar
Executive Pro Theme Setup Steps
And here are the general setup tasks for the Executive Pro WordPress theme:
- Install WordPress
- Delete/deactivate all plugins
- Upload genesis.zip
- Upload executivepro.zip
- Activate Genesis and then Executive Pro
- Create a custom menu (top right). To put this in the top right, go to widgets and drag “Custom Menu” into the top right section
- Install the Genesis Responsive Slider plugin, and activate it
- Create pages that you’d like to be shown in the slider image (ensure they have featured images selected)
- Insert page ID’s (select to INCLUDE them) into the Slider Settings for the page your want to display – can also use posts
- Setup the Featured Pages section in the ‘Home – Top’ widget area (3 page previews below slider)
- Use Genesis Featured Page widget in ‘Home – Top’ section
- Set title
- Set to show featured image to 300×100
- Set to show page content of 140 characters
- Setup the ‘Home – Call to Action’ widget section
- Add Featured Pages to ‘Home – Middle’ widget area
- Add footer widgets
- About Us
- Recent Posts
- Search and tags
- Add some sidebar widgets (posts, pages, signup form etc)
Executive Pro is not a free WordPress theme, but after doing a lot of research I decided to use it as one of the ‘demo themes’ because it ticks all the boxes and is extremely easy to use.
Note: The link above is an affiliate link (so is the one for the 2nd theme demo). We’ll make a small commission from each referred sale.
Demo #2: Enfold
The second demo is built using the ‘Enfold’ theme. I like this theme EVEN MORE than the Executive Pro theme, because it has a very very cool ‘Advanced Editor’ which allows you to build any layout that you want – it’s VERY flexible!
Here’s the step-by-step tutorial:
Here’s the timestamp:
- 0:00 – A look at what we’re about to create
- 0:50 – Uploading the theme using FTP (Filezilla)
- 1:45 – Activating the theme
- 2:00 – Deactivate any active plugins
- 2:25 – Setting up the LayerSlider
- 8:05 – Creating the Homepage
- 8:22 – Using the Advanced Layout Editor
- 11:52 – Removing the sidebar
- 13:35 – Linking to your Amazon.com product
- 16:33 – Customized the Promo box
- 17:15 – Setting up the testimonial section
- 20:11 – Setting the new page as the Homepage
- 20:26 – Setting a custom logo
- 21:17 – Removing the page title and breadcrumbs
- 21:41 – Creating a product page
- 24:24 – Creating Contact and About pages
- 25:03 – Creating a customized homepage menu with dropdown boxes
- 27:24 – Setting up the sidebar menu
- 27:40 – Setting up the footer widgets
- 29:56 – Checking the website in mobile format
Enfold Theme Setup Steps
Here are the setup tasks for the Enfold wordpress theme:
- Install WordPress
- Upload and activate the Enfold wordpress theme
- Delete/deactivate all plugins
- Setup the Enfold Slider
- Slider Width = 1400
- Slider Height = 500
- Add slide images
- Add text layers to slides
- Set text transition effect
- Add a new page
- This will be the homepage
- For the demo, I called it ‘Backyard Smarts’, my brand
- Use the Advanced Layout tool
- Create a layout with the following areas
- Advanced Layerslider
- One 1 layout element with a Text Block inside
- Three 1/3rd layout elements, each with an Icon Box inside
- Four 1/4th layout elements, each with an Icon Box inside
- One 1 cell layout element with a Promo box inside
- One 1 cell layout element with a Testimonial box inside
- Set No Sidebar in Page Layout section
- Set homepage in Enfold Settings
- In the Enfold settings page, hide the Title and Breadcrumbs
- Create About and Contact pages
- Customize the Footer widgets
Can You Use A Free Theme?
Sure! I haven’t found one as easy to use, as customizable, and as ‘white label friendly’ as these two paid themes though.
If you do use a free theme, expect it to take longer to set up, and be less customizable. My advice is to do it right the first time, and leverage one of the options shown above.
Do You Have The Passive Profits Cheatsheet?
Before I wrap this up, I want to recommend one last thing… DOWNLOAD my Internet Marketing Passive Profits Cheatsheet!
You can get it by clicking the button below:
The cheatsheet reveals my 4 PROVEN passive income strategies, and how you can get started with each one. It’s 100% free, and is exclusive to AidanBooth.com
Leave A Comment!
I’d love to know what you think about this, and also help answer any questions you may have. Leave a comment below!
Thanks for reading,